We get it. There are so many seating options to choose from. So how do you make your choice? What is important to you in your purchase or recommendation?
There are many things about Seating Matters which set us apart.
- The fact that our range was designed by an OT for her patients and a team of clinical experts now work for the company, constantly improving and influencing the range based on what is right for the patient.
- The fact that we have undergone a 2 year clinical research trial* to prove the benefits of the range to patient care and quality of life.
- The fact that all essential clinical features are provided as standard (i.e. footplate, Dartex multi stretch material, memory foam on all weight bearing surfaces).
We could go on.
However, in this article we are going to focus on the quality of our range.
It’s not until you experience a Seating Matters product that you appreciate and discover how much time, expertise and technology is required from the initial concept idea through to production. Seating Matters chairs were designed by an Occupational Therapist with patient needs, independence and promoting function in mind, and are now built by a team of top engineers, in conjunction with top suppliers across the world, and tested to the highest limits possible. We take our product quality very seriously.
Our design consultant, Alan Freeman, is a former Bentley Motors Designer. Our gas struts are manufactured by Stabilus and were tested at their head office in Germany – in the same factory as luxury car brands such as Ferrari and Audi. Our frames are over tested, to limits that are ludicrous, to ensure they meet and surpass the most stringent standards for safety, durability and strength. Our frame warranty is famous for being an impressive 7 years, more than double the industry standard. All our weight bearing surfaces are covered by Dartex multi stretch material as standard. Our frames are powder coated, rather than painted to promote infection control and making them easier to clean.
Our memory foam was specifically created and developed for Seating Matters, as sourced by Martina Tierney OT, to meet patient needs.
When you purchase a Seating Matters chair, you can rest assured, safe in the knowledge that your investment in health is covered by an unparalleled 7 Year Warranty.
Seating Matters Features & What They Mean for You
Benefits of a 7 Year Warranty
- Peace of mind.
Benefits of Dartex Multi-Stretch Material
- Infection control.
- Multi stretch prevents hammocking, supporting envelopment and immersion, redistributing pressure and reducing risk of pressure injuries.
- Hospital Grade Cleaning Agents can be used without damaging the fabric.
Benefits of Powder Coating
- Prevents rusting.
- Infection Control.
- More durable than conventional paint.
Benefits of Working with World Leading Designers and Suppliers
- Drawing from the the expertise and working alongside innovators from some of the top brands in the automotive industry.
Benefits of Stringent Testing
The designs are stronger than they need to be, tested to limits that they don’t need to be tested to
– CE Marking and Testing Consultant.
Benefits of the Modular Design
- Easy cleaning.
- Infection control.
- Everything can be wiped down.
Functional and Aesthetically Pleasing
- Designed for the patient, loved by the caregiver.
- Easily adjustable in under 1 minute with no tools.
- Wide base and low centre of gravity for support and stability.
- Wide range of fabrics available to suit any interior.
So in essence, we’d like to take this opportunity to apologise to the mechanics out there. Sorry.
If your OTs have bought Seating Matters chairs, you may never actually get the chance to fix one. Try one for yourself and make up your own mind.