Every day, too many people continue to endure constant pain because of poor posture, suffering from a reduced quality of life from completely avoidable pressure injuries.
As a result, too much time and money are being spent on treating pressure injuries by our health services, often reacting to these problems. In fact research has shown that managing these wounds costs facilities billions each year . As we have always said, prevention is better than cure, saving time and money and releasing valuable resources to the healthcare industry.
Proper seating can go a long way to solving each of these problems and save our health services much needed money in the process. To change the world of healthcare seating, we are increasing the knowledge available to us, and are committed to sharing it with you by providing free clinical seating training. By improving your knowledge on the benefits of proper seating in reducing pressure injuries, you can improve patient care in your day to day work significantly.
Lunch & Learn - FREE Hands on Clinical Seating Training Session for your Team
During a Lunch & Learn session one of our Seating Specialists will visit your workplace or team meeting, at a time convenient to you, and present the latest research results from the ethically approved clinical study conducted by Ulster University and Seating Matters which showed a reduction in avoidable pressure injuries by 88% in 12 weeks. We will provide evidence based solutions for seating people with different physical conditions including scoliosis, kyphosis, pelvic obliquities, fixed and flexible contractures, tight hamstrings and other major causes for concern in seating.
Key learning outcomes:
- Improved knowledge on pressure management in seating including key seating features and the use of pressure management materials
- Practical knowledge and awareness on how to achieve optimal positioning using the features of specialised seating
- Case discussions and consultation with Seating Specialists on resolving difficult patient case studies
- Hands-on training on adjustment and chair set-up to suit individual patient need
Training suitable for:
- Occupational Therapists in Hospital and Community.
- Nurses in Hospital and Community.
- Enterostomal Nurses, Tissue Viability Nurses and Wound Care Nurses.
- Care Facility Staff and Management.
- Manual Handling Advisors.
- Equipment Store Managers.
HOW TO BOOK
All delegates will receive a CPD Certificate for Continuing Education for attending the Lunch & Learn training session. Snacks will be provided.
We hope to see you and your team at a training session soon!